Due to consistent dangerous behavior incompatible with the antifascist movement, this is a declaration of separation from the group known as Great Lakes Antifa (also known as Nashville AntiFa).
These demonstrated behaviors include the following:
- Spreading false statements and narratives to the media and public, both in person and on social media.
- Claiming false relationships to individuals and groups to gain entry to trusted spaces.
- Claiming other groups’ work as their own.
- Creating ghost or sock social media accounts for chapters of established organizations that they do not belong to, such as ABC and ARA, in order to gain influence.
- Attempting entryism by sending GLA members to join other antifascist and activist groups, to make those groups more sympathetic to GLA.
- Employing highly suspicious tactics typical of infiltrators (offering groups and individuals large quantities of money or resources) in order to gain influence.
- Attempting to silence and discredit anyone who questions these misleading and suspicious statements and actions.
- Spreading negative rumors about individuals and organizations with no basis or proof.
- Starting public fights and feuds with activists, leaving actions and organizations exposed to attack by the state and fascists, rather than seeking non-public resolution.
- Placing other activists – including people of color – at risk of state and fascist oppression by exposing them and their personal information in the media.
- Physical and verbal assault of marginalized people and antifascists.
- General lack of security culture exhibited in their sharing of information.
- Employing questionable vetting practices for membership.
- Specifically recruiting individuals who have been kicked out of other organizing groups for bad behavior.
- Failing to hold themselves accountable to any concerns of other antifascist and activist groups regarding these behaviors.
As a movement, we now move to protect our organizations from these dangerous practices of Great Lakes Antifa. In solidarity with each other, those signed below will no longer work with GLA due to the above-mentioned behavior and regard GLA as unwelcome in our spaces and at our demonstrations in the future.
ANTI-RACIST ACTION NETWORK, ALL CHAPTERS
TORCH NETWORK, ALL CHAPTERS
Western North Carolina Antifa
Rocky Mountain Antifa
Rose City Antifa
Pacific Northwest Antifascist Workers Collective
Antifa Seven Hills
Central Texas Anti-Racist Action
Northern California Anti-Racist Action (NoCARA)
SOLIDARITY AND DEFENSE MICHIGAN
Solidarity & Defense Lansing
Solidarity & Defense Detroit
Solidarity & Defense Grand Rapids
Solidarity & Defense Flint
HOOSIER ANTI-RACIST MOVEMENT (HARM), ALL CHAPTERS
CLEVELAND ANTI-FASCIST NETWORK
Cleveland Anti-Racist Action
Cleveland Anti-Fascist Action
Burning River Anarchist Collective
Keystone Anti-Racist Action
Michiana Anti-Racist Collective
Southside Chicago Anti-Racist Action
Louisville Anti-Racist Action
For additional information about GLA’s actions: